- Soak 1/2 cup of dry soybeans for 6 to 12 hours, pour off liquid.
- Rinse in clean water 2-3 times daily for 3 to 5 days.
- Load and run soymilk maker as per the directions that came with the
- Cool the milk in the refrigerator till it is at least lukewarm. Save
the Okara (residue)
- put milk in blender (may have to divide up and do two batches)
- 2 tsp barley water*
- 1/4 tsp whole golden flax seed (thickens milk)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp stevia extract powder
- blend on high for 10 seconds or until smooth.
Pour milk back into a glass container and use warm or chilled. Shake
container well before using.
* Barley water -Barley water is a good remedy in kidney
problems, to quench the thirst and provide the best nutrition for indisposed and weak persons.
Barley + five times purified water should be boiled, till the contents become 3/4
the amount started with and the colour of the mixture becomes milky.
Alternative method: To make the
barley water, put about a half cup of whole barley in a
piece of muslin, tie loosely to allow for expansion put
in a pot not made of aluminum, then add in about 4 pints
of water. It is then slowly brought to a boil in a
covered, vented pot and simmered for 61/2 hours.
(In venting the pot, one allows steam to escape either
through a vent built in the lid [if there is one] or by
placing the cover slightly askew with a toothpick
inserted so there is an opening between the cover and
pot.) Barley water will turn very, very pink. This gives
about the right consistency of barley water for making
the milk as above.